Saturday, November 15, 2008

Broken Dreams

Nothing in the world, it seems
Shatters like a broken dream
It is the ache behind the mean
Of shadows silent and unseen
And in this fortress dream of sorrow
Exist no dawn and no tomorrow
Just hours that cut you as they pass
Like little shards of broken glass
And yet another and another
Sometimes the night is meant to suffer
But look up now and see how far
They light your way like little stars
Oh, if i had a star to shine
For every broken dream of mine
The whole night sky would turn to day
And all my troubles melt away.

-Author unknown

As children bring their broken toys with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving them with Him in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own.
At last i snatched them back and cried, "How can you be so slow?"
"My child", he said, "What could i do? You never did let go."

-Lauretta P Burns,
‘Broken Dreams'

0 comments: